[tor-reports] George's status report: October 2013

George Kadianakis desnacked at riseup.net
Mon Nov 4 10:12:32 UTC 2013

# Top goals of October 2013

- Helped David and Ximin work on the pluggable transport combiner
  project. We had a few unplanned obstacles when we tried to make new
  PTTBBs (#10006) but we managed to progress past them.

- Did some general pluggable transports work. Talked with dardok who
  wants to write an HTTP transport, tested scramblesuit, facilitated a
  PT meeting, reviewed some code, etc.

- Did some progress on the HS front:
  * I improved and published two updated versions of my HS proposals.
  * I talked with Nick and we decided that a "Next generation Hidden
    Services" protocol draft should be written. Nick is currently
    working on it.
  * I spoke with some cryptographic people who are interested in
    proving #8106.
  * Discussed the HS scaling problem on tor-dev:
    https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2013-October/005556.html

- I read Roger's recent guard-security blog post and made a list with
  some of the tasks that were referenced. See:
  https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2013-October/005661.html
  The list will hopefully help during deliverable/project planning.

# Top goals for November 2013

- Release scramblesuit and the transport combiner.

- Work some more on the transport combiner.

- Continue the Hidden Service activities of October.