[tor-reports] George's status report: October 2013
desnacked at riseup.net
Mon Nov 4 10:12:32 UTC 2013
# Top goals of October 2013
- Helped David and Ximin work on the pluggable transport combiner
project. We had a few unplanned obstacles when we tried to make new
PTTBBs (#10006) but we managed to progress past them.
- Did some general pluggable transports work. Talked with dardok who
wants to write an HTTP transport, tested scramblesuit, facilitated a
PT meeting, reviewed some code, etc.
- Did some progress on the HS front:
* I improved and published two updated versions of my HS proposals.
* I talked with Nick and we decided that a "Next generation Hidden
Services" protocol draft should be written. Nick is currently
working on it.
* I spoke with some cryptographic people who are interested in
* Discussed the HS scaling problem on tor-dev:
- I read Roger's recent guard-security blog post and made a list with
some of the tasks that were referenced. See:
The list will hopefully help during deliverable/project planning.
# Top goals for November 2013
- Release scramblesuit and the transport combiner.
- Work some more on the transport combiner.
- Continue the Hidden Service activities of October.
More information about the tor-reports