[tor-reports] George's status report: April 2013

George Kadianakis desnacked at riseup.net
Fri May 3 13:03:08 UTC 2013

# Top 5 goals of April 2013

- Wrote a tor-relays post about getting more obfsproxy bridges. Before
  the post we had 47 obfs3 bridges. Now we have 276. Good stuff.
  https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2013-April/002089.html

  Unfortunately, I doubt that many users know that they can do:
  https://bridges.torproject.org/?transport=obfs3
  Let's hope that the upcoming BridgeDB interface will make things
  easier for users.

- Started thinking of ways to fool China's obfs2 follow-up probing. A
  pre-shared-secret variant of obfs3 might work, and I started writing
  a proposal for it:

  https://gitweb.torproject.org/user/asn/obfsproxy.git/commitdiff/9edad489e0825699b0d195129f531fbf081d077b

  There is still work to be done here, since the current proposal is
  not resistant to replay-attacks so we will probably have to add some
  kind of timestamp in the initial packet.

- Wrote a blog post on Hidden Services:
  https://blog.torproject.org/blog/hidden-services-need-some-love

- Helped sysrqb get up to speed with BridgeDB development. BridgeDB
  has been without a lead developer for a while, and hopefully sysrqb
  will find it interesting.

- Released obfsproxy-0.2.1 and finished my "Pyobfsproxy becomes
  Obfsproxy"
  transition plan:
  https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2013-March/004562.html

  The Debian packages seem to be in good course, and we updated the
  setup instructions on the website.

# Top 5 goals for May 2013

- Write tor code and start working on some deliverables (like #7167
  and #8786)

- Finish writing the obfs3-with-ss transport. Start thinking about its
  deployment.

- Work IRL with Philipp on anti-censorship stuff.

- Get up to speed with the discussion in #8106. If Robert's scheme
  stands strong, I should start writing a Tor proposal about it.

- Start writing a Tor proposal for upgrading Hidden Service long-term
  keys to a stronger cryptosystem than RSA-1024.