[tor-reports] Sherief's March 2013

Sherief Alaa sheriefalaa.w at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 21:21:17 UTC 2013

Hello Everyone,

My name is Sherief Alaa and I am the new Arabic translator/support
assistant for the Tor project.
I started working 22nd of March and here is what I did in the last 10-9
days:

- Resolved 22 tickets in the Tor Request tracker help desk system (all in
English). We received no Arabic support emails most likely because no one
really knows about the new support staff that was hired especially the
Arabic one.

- Completed 8% of the Arabic translation at Transifex for the Tor project,
the other 92% are already translated but the users who translated them used
heavily tools like Google translate which resulted in a huge number of
grammar errors that can mislead the users about the actual meaning of the
original English string.

What I Intend to do in April:

- Revise/Proofread 30-35% of the Arabic translation base at transifex.

- Hopefully we get a lot more tickets so I can answer as much as I can!

--
Sherief Alaa,
0x8623B882