[tor-reports] Runa's March 2013

Runa A. Sandvik runa at torproject.org
Sat Mar 30 18:47:13 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

I'll be offline until Tuesday, so I figured I would send out my
monthly status report a few days early.

Top 5 things I did this month:

- Started on a forensic analysis of the Tor Browser Bundle on Linux (#8166).

- Talked to a few people about organizing Tor talks/trainings in
Prague, London, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Tel Aviv, and Jerusalem. I’m
hoping to have dates and details all figured out by the end of April.

- Sent out a welcome email to our new support assistants, created RT
accounts for everyone, set up help-ar at rt.tpo, help-es at rt.tpo,
help-fr at rt.tpo, and help-zh at rt.tpo, updated the documentation which
explains how to work with our support system [1], and created
help.torproject.org [2] (#8517).

- Attended the Rethinking censorship conference in Copenhagen, the Tor
developer meeting in Boston, and a digital security event in London
(see the mailing list archive or blog.torproject.org for trip
reports).

- Resolved 31 tickets in the Tor help desk system. I will send out a
full summary to the tor-reports mailing list in a few days.

Top 4 things I would like to do next month:

- Configure, test, and update ask.torproject.org, our new Q&A site
(#8603), and document the new support workflow (#8518).

- Finish the forensic analysis of the Tor Browser Bundle on Linux,
document my findings, and start on either OS X or Windows.

- Update the Tor Cloud images with new options for BandwidthRate and
BandwidthBurst (#7849, #8193), update the step-by-step section on the
Tor Cloud website with new screenshots (#8392), and document the
contents of the images (#7848).

- Visit New York and San Francisco, and attend the OpenITP
Circumvention Tech Summit in Hong Kong.

[1]: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/support/Introduction
[2]: https://help.torproject.org/

--