[tor-reports] Feb status report

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Thu Mar 14 22:45:10 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm a bit late because I was debating sending a long list of things but
I wanted to track stuff for last month a little more than usual.

The top five things I did were:

* Released some major tlsdate improvements
* Had a big NSF/MLab/OONI meeting in New York with Nick Feamster and others
* Worked on reproducing builds for TBB on OS X
* Lots of OONI work and feedback with Ingy and the rest of the ooniprobe
team
* Met with folks from the Ecuadorian government (see Roger's status
report for more details)

I worked on a bunch of stuff:

Wrote slides for the FOSDEM that Isis gave in my stead.
Ported tlsdate to Mac OS X 10.8.2
Traveled to NYC for NSF/OONI/M-Lab meeting at Google HQ.
ooniprobe master slide deck template:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/8144#comment:1
Improved tlsdate so that it (mostly) compiles with g++ as well as gcc
Joined the pkg-mozext Debian team for my TorBirdy work:
  git.debian.org:/git/pkg-mozext/torbirdy
Released TorBirdy 0.1.0
 https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/2013-February/027277.html
 https://blog.torproject.org/blog/torbirdy-our-first-beta-release
Tagged and released torsocks 1.3:
  https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/2013-February/027279.html
  https://gitweb.torproject.org/torsocks.git/shortlog/refs/tags/1.3
OS X TBB testing:
Homebrew packaging of various projects
Created two Casks for TorBrowser:
  https://github.com/phinze/homebrew-cask/pull/162
created trivial makedepend project https://github.com/ioerror/makedepend
Benetech and JTor dev discussions
  As a result, I found myself testing the new Vega from Subgraph
Worked on a huge NSF grant proposal
  This resulted in needing to update the Cask for libre-office:
  https://github.com/phinze/homebrew-cask/pull/161
  Submitted on Feb 21st!
OONI conf calls
Lots discussions with Ingy about ooniprobe/OONI
Lots of work attempting to build OS X TBB with homebrew:
Lots of feedback and improvements on TBB generally:
Some effort to get xmpp-client working on OS X:
  https://github.com/agl/xmpp-client/issues/14
AppArmor profile for xmpp-client:
  https://github.com/agl/xmpp-client/pull/13

All the best,