[tor-reports] Andrew's February 2013

Andrew Lewman andrew at torproject.is
Tue Mar 5 17:50:45 UTC 2013

# Top 5 goals from February 2013

1. Write a proposal for technology in human rights monitoring.

	Handed this off to Karen to write and propose.

2. Travel to Sweden for the Stockholm Cryptoparty and other related
business. https://cryptoparty.org/wiki/Stockholm

	Attended the Cryptoparty. Wrote up a blog post about it here,
	https://blog.torproject.org/blog/cryptoparty-stockholm

3. Hire a project coordinator and get them started. We have great
candidates, hopefully one joins us.

	Hired a great coordinator in Tom. Looking forward to his
	integration and getting us better organized going forward.

4. Work on some internal docs to help our growing number of people
avoid bureaucracy and make their lives more productive.

	This is exciting as it sounds. Still in progress.

5. Complete my 24-hour staff-training requirement as required by
the Massachusetts State standards for domestic violence and abuse
counselors.

	Due to a snow storm and the State of Massachusetts declaring a
	State of Emergency, the last day of the training was canceled.
	Postponed until May.

# Top 5 goals for March

1. Fund a bug bounty program for the Tails team. They have a lot of
bugs which need attention and maybe our funding will help them fix the
bugs. https://tails.boum.org/contribute/how/code/

2. Hire support people in English, French, Farsi, Arabic, Spanish, and
Mandarin. Our largest userbases speak these languages and are
increasingly asking for help with Tor, censorship circumvention, and
privacy.  See Runa's Help Desk reports for the volumes we're handling
with two great people today.

3. Speak at the Boston Freedom to Connect Day,
http://www.bu.edu/cs/bfoc/

4. Have a successful developer meeting at Harvard Law School.
Announcement for public hackfest at Boston University on March 20th
coming soon.

5. Attend Domestic Violence Risk Assessment and Management training,
http://www.emergedv.com/index.php/training/danger-assessment/

--
Andrew
http://tpo.is/contact