[tor-reports] Mike's February 2013

Mike Perry mikeperry at torproject.org
Tue Mar 5 04:40:24 UTC 2013

Top five things in February:

1. Firefox, Firefox, Firefox! I did feature reviews, code reviews, a
proxy audit, and otherwise transitioned us over to Firefox 17-ESR. There
were a pile of regressions including 2 very hard to diagnose crash bugs
on platforms I did not have and/or where I could not build TBB myself
(of course).

2. I simplified the Torbutton security preference UI quite a bit.

3. I spent quite a bit of time improving our font limiting patch to
exempt remote @font-face fonts from our limits. A whole bunch of
websites render better in TBB now!

4. I did a bit more pathbias and related tor-core bugfixing and
investigation.

5. I updated the TBB design doc to cover Firefox 17 and the related
changes.

Top five things for March:

1. Fix as many regressions caused by Firefox 17 as I can:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?keywords=~tbb-rebase-regression

2. Attend the dev meeting.

3. Sneak a few usability improvements into TBB-stable.

4. Maybe help get Pearl Crescent's new Firefox-based Tor Controller into
a TBB-alpha release. Maybe even one that doesn't include Vidalia! *gasp*

5. Maybe help get Jake's TBB makefile patches merged into TBB-alpha. We
really should be authenticating dependencies and toolchain components,
where applicable.

--
Mike Perry