[tor-reports] Runa's February 2013

Runa A. Sandvik runa at torproject.org
Fri Mar 1 14:09:54 UTC 2013

Top 5 things I did this month:

- Started working on a forensic analysis of the Tor Browser Bundle,
looked at tools such as Instruments for OS X, and Process Monitor,
Regshot, Process Hacker, and Capture BAT for Windows. I believe I will
also have to take differences in drives (solid state drive, hard disk
drive, virtual hard disk) into account when doing this analysis. I
also added a forensic analysis of the Tor Browser Bundle on Linux
(#8166) to the list.

- Started working on an improved version of the short user manual
(#5571, #5811, #8003), but figured I would wait until we have decided
if we are going to rename obfsproxy/pyobfsproxy to something that is
less technical and easier to pronounce.

- Updated a number of translations of the short user manual and
documented how the translation process works.

- Hired new translators/support assistants and drafted a welcome email
with information about the different systems, accounts, escalation
process, and so on. I also put together a document explaining how to
work with our support system.

- Resolved 94 tickets in the Tor help desk system (see the tor-reports
email for the full summary). Thanks to Moritz, again, for taking care
of the help desk while I was traveling.

Top 5 things I would like to do next month:

- Continue with a forensic analysis of the Tor Browser Bundle.

- Get our new translators/support assistants started with Transifex and RT.

- Decide on a new name for obfsproxy/pyobfsproxy, and update the short
user manual and other documentation.

- Continue working on an OS X Flash sandbox for the Tor Browser Bundle (#7008).

- Travel for conferences, meetings, and other events. In March, I will
be in London, Copenhagen, Boston, and Washington DC.

--
Runa A. Sandvik