[tor-reports] February 2013 status report from the Tor help desk

Runa A. Sandvik runa at torproject.org
Fri Mar 1 13:55:10 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

A total of 590 tickets were created in the Tor help desk system this
month: 500 in help, 10 in help-fa, and 80 in spam.

500 tickets in help: 490 resolved, 9 open, 0 new, and 1 rejected
10 tickets in help-fa: 7 resolved, 3 open, and 0 new

Total number of tickets resolved this month:

Andrew: 10 tickets
Ardeshir: 21 tickets
Phoul: 32 tickets
Moritz: 389 tickets
Runa: 94 tickets

A lot of users are asking questions that have been answered in the
short user manual [1]. We should include it in the Tor Browser Bundle.
The bridges we hardcoded in the (py)obfsproxy Tor Browser Bundle have
been blocked in China and Iran (some, but maybe not all, ISPs), along
with some of the bridges most often given out on
bridges.torproject.org. We really need to encourage more users to run
(py)bfsproxy bridges.

Moritz, could you please summarize any common issues you discovered this month?

[1]: https://torproject.org/dist/manual/short-user-manual_en.xhtml

--
Runa A. Sandvik