[tor-reports] may status

Sebastian Hahn sebastian at torproject.org
Wed Jun 5 07:51:10 UTC 2013

During the last month, I:

- Continued the work on thp packaging for components. Work is
progressing nicely, only Firefox is a real pain because so many things
change from version to version. I'm not sure what the best solution is
for that, yet. I'll talk to Tomas and Erinn a bit about what their ideas
are.

- Did a talk at Crypto Party Frankfurt, with an audience consisting of
relay operators, hidden service operators, activists and people curious
about Tor in general. It was a pretty small group, but we had a
productive evening and a few exit relays have appeared.

- Attended the German Computer Science Student Council Convention, where
I held a Tor/anonymity workshop for attendees. Anonymity research seems
to be a new research topic in quite a few German universities, so
hopefully we'll see some more interested students pick up related topics.

- Checked the infrastructure I maintain for problems after the wheezy
migration. A couple of minor translation issues needed to be fixed
still, but other than that it seems that everything worked fine. Thanks
weasel for a most smooth transition.

- The big exception to the above is trac, I started working on building
plugins for it so we can update versions and generally not have a huge
outage while we're upgrading the host it runs on (it's still not on
wheezy for now). It's a pretty big mess tho.

Next month, I should:

- get out a test versions for others to spin up

- integrate Tomas' patches as applicable

- Talk to Erinn about the build system integration and how we can
automate thp package building

- Figure out a way to trigger Thandy from inside the Browser for the
future TBB without Vidalia

- Handle a problem Tomas' made me aware of, where it's hard to remove
files used in a previous version of a thp package

- Perhaps, if time permits, update trac so we can upgrade the host it
runs on.