[tor-reports] George's status report: May 2013

George Kadianakis desnacked at riseup.net
Mon Jun 3 10:33:42 UTC 2013

# Top 5 goals of May 2013

- Started thinking about the identity key migration of Hidden
  Services. I made a tor-dev thread to collect some ideas from the
  community:
    https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2013-May/004848.html

- Signed up as the backup mentor of Chang Lan, a GSoC student with the
  goal of "Building better pluggable transports".

- Tried to involve sysrqb a bit more in BridgeDB issues.

- Work with Philipp on his scramblesuit transport
  (http://www.cs.kau.se/philwint/scramblesuit/). It seems that there
  are a few things that must be done on the Tor side so that pluggable
  transports that use shared-secrets can be deployed to the
  world. Specifically, the server-side transport currently has no way
  to advertise its shared-secret to BridgeDB. Tickets #8979, #8978 and
  #8929 were created for this reason.

- Started looking into Nick's reviews of #4773 and #5040.

# Top 5 goals for June 2013

- Look into #8979, #8978 and #8929, so that we can deploy
  scramblesuit.

- Prepare revisions for #4773 and #5040.

- Do some more work on Hidden Services. Look at #8106 and follow up
  with a draft proposal about identity key migration.

- Finally deploy the new BridgeDB features.

- Look into some obfsproxy stuff. Easy ways to write an HTTP
  transport, how to integrate flashproxy with obfs3, how to use djb's
  elligator (http://eprint.iacr.org/2013/325) on the next obfs3-like
  transport, etc.