[tor-reports] Matt in June

Matt Pagan matthew.a.pagan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 11:59:58 UTC 2013

intrigeri:
> Hi,
>
> Matt Pagan wrote (01 Jul 2013 22:25:43 GMT) :
>> I hosted a cryptoparty in my living room, where we talked about Tor,
>> Tails and GPG.
>
> This makes me curious. We're always happy to get reports thereof at
> Tails, either publicly (tails-dev at boum.org) or privately
> (tails at boum.org, OpenPGP).

Apologies for the delay in responding--I've been away the last few days.
Not only was this the first cryptoparty I have hosted, it was also the
first cryptoparty I've attended. There were 4 people at my cryptoparty
(of varying interest levels :). I directed people to the cryptoparty
handbook as a resource on maintaining internet privacy.  One of the
attendees was student journalist.

>From this experience I learned what sorts of questions people have about
privacy-preserving software, what topics topics people found difficult,
and what topics I need to elaborate on the next time I host a cryptoparty.

> By the way, if your OpenPGP pubkey had at least one trustworthy
> certification, it might help others to feel more comfortable to use it
> (assuming 0x79A62564A521D36F is yours) -- I'm obviously not asking you
> to disclose your full social graph ;)

Thank you for this encouragement. There were many topics (such as the
web of trust) that did not get as much attention as maybe they deserved.
As of this response, my public key has one trusted certification.