[tor-reports] Tails report for June, 2013
tails at boum.org
Thu Jul 4 18:00:29 UTC 2013
here is Tails report for June, 2013.
Tails 0.19 was released on June 26.
- 140 517 connections of Tails to the Tor network. This makes a boot
every 18.5 seconds on average (this is an approximation from the
requests made to the security announcements feed when Tails is
connected to Tor).
- 66 non-empty bug reports were received through WhisperBack.
- 110 comments were posted on the forum, with 32 signed by Tails,
before we closed it.
- Tails was upgraded to Linux 3.9.
- The feature/set-wireless-devices-state branch was
- We tried to get in touch with the WiNoN developers. No reply so far.
- Many branches were merged just in time for the 0.19 freeze.
- Two serious bugs ere discovered while testing 0.19~rc1, and fixed
for 0.19 final. This reinforces our conviction that we should run
our test suite automatically as soon as possible.
- Some solutions to get rid of the JRuby messwere experimented with.
- Access restriction to ptrace was updated for the upcoming
- The Iceweasel warning when leaving HTTPS was disabled. Thanks to
winterfairy for the initial patch.
- The wrong search engine bug was fixed.
- Git over HTTPS was fixed.
- All Pidgin protocols but IRC and Jabber/XMPP were disabled.
- The WhisperBack help was partly updated.
- Information about Alsa was added to WhisperBack reports.
- The "remember additional packages" feature was adapted to work with
Documentation and Website
- We closed the forum.
- We decided not to follow Tor to StackExchange yet. We need more time
to decide what we will do, now that our previously preferred option
- The release process was automated a bit. So was our custom Iceweasel
package release process.
Localization and Internationalization
- Our POT files were merged first, and then we intltoolize'd our
translation system. This should help pushing these strings to
- Accessibility for blind and visually impaired users
- Making the boot medium read-only
- Wrong MIME type returned for ISO signatures
- Download over HTTP by default?
- Network fingerprint
- Our Git repositories are now allhosted in a central place.
Thanks a lot to immerda.ch for their continued support!
- We worked on improving backups for our infrastructure.
- We kept working on funding with sponsor Foxtrot.
- We are working on short-term funding with sponsor Bravo.
- The way we will contract bounty hunters was rebooted. Stay tuned.
More information about the tor-reports