[tor-reports] Andrew's December 2012

Andrew Lewman andrew at torproject.is
Mon Jan 7 19:34:29 UTC 2013

# Top 5 goals from November 2012
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-reports/2012-December/000098.html

1. Make progress on trademark violations now that we have a pro-bono
lawyer. A growing number of people are taking tor browser and
re-bundling it with spyware, adware, and other crapware, but calling it
Tor Browser, buying domains with "tor" in it, buying ads pushing their
"tor" and "tor browser", and copying our website layout to confuse
users into downloading it.

	Continuing to make progress on this front. Our pro-bono lawyer
	turns out to be very busy and punting to another pro-bono
	lawyer.

2. Make progress on hiring a project coordinator and
support/translation assistants.

	We have a volunteer Project Manager for six weeks while we
	interview a permanent person. And we are interviewing support
	and translations assistants.

3. Finish year-end contracts and invoices to close out everything by
31 December.

	Done.

4. Work on 2012 Annual Report and prepare for release in late-December
or early-January.

	In progress.

5. Write three more proposals for 2-3 years of funding contracts.

	In progress.

# Top 5 goals for January 2013

1. Finish 2012 Annual Report and release it.

2. Finish proposal writing.

3. Talk to the US Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) about Tor and how it is
used around the world.

4. Help run the Central America Domestic Violence Hackathon,
https://blog.torproject.org/blog/hacking-against-domestic-violence

5. Finalize the 2013 budget, contracts, and work plans.

--
Andrew
http://tpo.is/contact