[tor-reports] George's status report: December 2012

George Kadianakis desnacked at riseup.net
Wed Jan 2 15:10:22 UTC 2013

Hi,

this is a list of some Tor stuff I did during December:

- Prepared rough instructions on how to set up an obfsbridge with
  pyobfsproxy and the Extended ORPort. Moritz has been testing the
  branch for the past month on a very busy obfsbridge and it seems to
  work.

  I'm attaching the instructions in case anyone here is feeling
  adventurous. My plan is to make them easier to follow and then post
  them in a public list.

- Now that the Extended ORPort is mostly implemented, I started
  writing code for #5040. A branch will be ready for testing within
  the next week.

- Continued discussion with Ian about the upcoming obfs3 pluggable
  transport. The current plan seems to be a protocol with a custom
  camouflaged DH over Z_p*. The discussion can be found here:
  https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2012-December/004245.html

- Met with David and tried to be helpful with Flashproxy
  deployment. Flashproxy is rapidly moving forward these days.