[tor-reports] gsathya's December

Damian Johnson atagar at torproject.org
Wed Jan 2 05:13:19 UTC 2013

> Shipping with the TBB? That would involve shipping Python with TBB, which
> will probably bloat up TBB more, making it harder to use with GetTor and
> such.

Last I checked OSX shipped with python 2.7 so the real issue is
Windows. Having it fetch and install a python interpretor if it's not
available wouldn't be so troublesome. We've been constraining
ourselves to C/C++ for years out of concern for Windows and it's not
necessary.

> If this is okay, I'd be happy to polish my app more and pass it on to
> whoever wants to develop it.

The trouble is that we need someone who enthusiastically wants to be
the owner of this space. You already have Compass, Pyoninoo, and
miscellaneous other projects you hack on. Given your limited
availability you're probably already spreading yourself too thin.

I suspect these dreams for a python GUI will need to wait until
another person steps up to see it through. ;)