[tor-reports] Andrea's post-January 2013/mid-February status report

Andrea Shepard andrea at torproject.org
Mon Feb 18 03:13:11 UTC 2013

Yeah, I know, bit late... been a busy time lately...

I've mostly been doing code reviews for merges before the 0.2.4
deadline lately; joint code review sessions with Nick seem to keep
us both more motivated to deal with it and should happen more in the
future as schedules coinciding permit.  I did a bit of merging and
unit test writing for some of those as well.

Didn't manage to get around to 7590, though, so I guess that one's
punted to 0.2.5.x.  I haven't heard anything further about bug 7350.

Up next, I plan to finish auditing the calls to connection_mark_for_close()
so if there are any lingering channel-related bugs I'll have a chance to
get bugfix patches merged, and with the time pressure off a little, I want
to play with Chutney a bit and see how close we are to being able to
automatically test Tor releases on a private network.  We should be able
to catch it faster if we manage to break rarely-used features like the
authenticated hidden services bug.

Also, I'll be getting back to parallel crypto for 0.2.5 at some point hopefully
before too long.

--
Andrea Shepard
<andrea at torproject.org>