[tor-reports] January 2013 status report from the Tor help desk

Runa A. Sandvik runa at torproject.org
Sat Feb 2 21:15:47 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

A total of 578 tickets were created in the Tor help desk system this
month: 488 in help, 19 in help-fa, and 71 in spam.

488 tickets in help: 479 resolved, 9 open, and 0 new
19 tickets in help-fa: 7 resolved, 1 open, and 11 new

Total number of tickets resolved this month:

Andrew: 16 tickets
Ardeshir: 9 tickets
Phoul: 19 tickets
Moritz: 278 tickets
Runa: 204 tickets

A lot of users are asking questions that have been answered in the
short user manual [1]. We should include it in the Tor Browser Bundle
(#4983). A number of users are asking about the Obfsproxy Tor Browser
Bundle, and it seems our dist mirrors are accessible in various places
and working just fine.

A number of users in Iran are asking about Flash and YouTube. The
bridges we hardcoded in the Obfsproxy Tor Browser Bundle have been
blocked in China and Iran (some, but maybe not all, ISPs), along with
some of the bridges most often given out on bridges.torproject.org. We
really need to encourage more users to run Obfsproxy bridges.

[1]: https://torproject.org/dist/manual/short-user-manual_en.xhtml

--
Runa A. Sandvik