[tor-reports] Pearl Crescent status report for December 2013
mcs at pearlcrescent.com
Tue Dec 31 21:01:51 UTC 2013
Tor-related work that Mark and Kathy did in December:
* Assisted with TBB 3.5 / ESR24-based browser testing and
loose ends (including some help with standalone Vidalia).
* Helped update Torbutton for Firefox ESR 24. We made
contributions to various tickets (see ** at the end of
* Started to work on pluggable transport support for
Tor Launcher, e.g.,
"Make a "Use Default Bridges" Radio button in the Bridge UI"
* Worked on various Tor Launcher "polish" issues that were
reported immediately before and after the TBB 3.5 release
(see *** at the end of this report). There is more work to
* Made a little more progress on ticket 4234:
"Investigate the Firefox update process"
Our goal is to use a patched version of Firefox's software update
mechanism to make it a lot easier and less painful for end-users
to keep TBB up-to-date. Remaining work to do for phase 1:
- Finish integration with the TBB 3.x build process.
- Ensure that the updater works with PT bundles.
- Create a process to generate MAR files when new releases of
TBB are generated.
- Address other deployment details such as where the TBB
update service will be hosted, update service certificates, etc.
- Get patches reviewed and committed.
* Landed a fix for ticket 10201:
"Firefox ESR 24 sometimes hangs during exit on Mac OS"
** Torbutton related tickets that we worked on:
"Replace deprecated getOriginatingURI() method in Torbutton"
"The nsIPluginTag Interface was changed, Torbutton is broken..."
"Many changes to private browsing code of Firefox..."
"Private Browsing Mode data not properly cleared by New Identity"
"Please do not create strings untranslatable with Transifex"
"torbutton 22.214.171.124 says Tor is down when accessing remote tor..."
*** Tor Launcher related tickets that we worked on:
"Adblock Plus extension interferes with Tor Launcher dialog"
"when i choose 'connect', old window is still there but unusable"
"TBB 3.0rc1 fails to start Tor Browser on restart"
"Tor Launcher (TBB 3.5 build 5) hang on quit"
"TorLauncher UI seems to split bridge fingerprints onto a new line"
"bad bridge fingerprint causes "DONE" error to be displayed"
"Allow TBB 3.x to run multiple times in parallel"
Pearl Crescent, LLC
More information about the tor-reports