[tor-reports] July status report

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Tue Dec 17 01:06:10 UTC 2013

Highlights from July:

I was drowning in email for most of July.

I spoke on a panel at the World Justice Forum:

  http://www.worldjusticeproject.org/world-justice-forum-iv/home

I was on a large national (German) TV show in a debate style format with
Maybrit Illner and various other Important Germans:

  http://www.zdf.de/maybrit-illner/US-Allm%C3%A4chtig-28763272.html

The TorDev meeting in July had a pretty epic amount of stress. I handed
off OONI to Arturo and Aaron formally. They've done pretty well with
things and I'm proud of them for being so awesome.

I helped a lot of the visiting Tor Developers with various logistical
issues. It was exciting.

I worked on some experimental Tails setups with some other Tor Developers.

On a personal note, some of my journalism including an interview with
Snowden came out in July. This re-affirmed the importance of Tor for a
lot of people, myself included. I was also (mostly) homeless for most of
July and it was utterly miserable.

All the best,
Jake