[tor-reports] Georg's report for November 2013

Georg Koppen georg at getfoxyproxy.org
Mon Dec 2 19:20:35 UTC 2013

Hi,

in November I spent the bulk of my work on getting a new cross-compiler
for Mac OS X which is essentially done now.[1] There is some fine-tuning
left and a final patch but that's it (I hope). Another thing that took
me quite some time was fixing the first determinism issue for the
upcoming TBB based on Firefox ESR24.[2] (which includes reporting this
to Mozilla as part of our efforts to get those things fixed upstream[3])
Additional things that I worked on follow below. I've been:

-double-checking torbutton_do_new_identity()[4]
-investigating the 64bit Tor Browser crashes on Linux[5]
-investigating the ongoing issues with the 200x100 screen resolution[6]
-investigating Gitian hangs when building Mac OS X bundles[7]
-helping to get the random bytes issue on Windows fixed[8]
-backporting a patch to build with --enable-strip on Mac OS X[9]
-looking at Torbutton's broken test settings[10]
-thinking about Mike's idea to build both Fx24 and Fx17 from Gitian[11]
-fighting with the packaging step in Gitian due to omni.ja's strange
format[12]
-investigating and fixing another build determinism issue for the
upcoming TBB[13]
-took a new step at replacing the removed getOriginatingURI() method in
our Torbutton code[14]
-investigating a new Gitian issue for Windows users: It seems that our
fix for Windows XP users prevents Tor Browser from getting started when
Firefox 24 ESR is used[15].

Apart from that I helped a bit with the new release of the TBB 3.0rc.

Georg

[1] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/9829
[2] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/10159
[3] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/10111