[tor-reports] Lunar's report for November 2013

Lunar lunar at torproject.org
Sun Dec 1 20:41:26 UTC 2013

Hi avid report readers,

For November, I decided to focus on trying to get back to a more stable
emotional state. Thanks to everyone who showed support. I did appreciate
it. For those who never had any direct experience with depression,
I still would like to suggest you to have a look at Allie Brosh's
drawings:
http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2011/10/adventures-in-depression.html
http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2013/05/depression-part-two.html

Presently, I am a bit better, but I am still unable to feel joy (but I
recognize when the feeling should be there).

I still have been able to do small tasks. It probably helped me not sunk
too deep.

Regarding help desks, I took care of 45 French tickets, 59 English
tickets and sorted out 85 spam tickets.

The bump in the French queue is surely due to a prime time
“investigation” about “Le DarkNet” on French national TV:
http://www.france2.fr/emissions/envoye-special/darknet-le-cote-obscur-du-net_150173

(I am very glad Amaëlle Guiton, acting as a clueful journalist here,
subsequently wrote this article summarizing how this “dark net” thingie
was mostly a strawman for media in needs of sensationalist matters:
http://www.slate.fr/monde/80471/qui-peur-du-grand-mechant-darknet )

I took care of Tor Weekly News, writing a good amount of issues #18,
#19, #20, #21. I took care of sending those four and publishing them on
the project's blog.

I uploaded txtorcon/0.8.2-1 to Debian unstable.

(I did some random work for Nos Oignons. We have even published a news
for our newly opened exit nodes:
https://nos-oignons.net/Actualit%C3%A9s/20131127_125_mbits_de_plus_pour_le_reseau_tor/index.en.html )

I am not going to commit to anything for December either. I will do my
best to be able to attend 30C3 in good shape.

--
Lunar                                             <lunar at torproject.org>