[tor-reports] Lunar's report for July 2013

Lunar lunar at torproject.org
Tue Aug 6 15:18:06 UTC 2013

Hi!

In July, I was planning to:

> Take care of support requests in french.

Done. I've solved 10 tickets in the help-fr queue, and several questions
sent through private emails. I also took care of 20 tickets in the help
(english) queue. And sorted out spam, as there's always more coming.

> Attend LSM2013 and give a talk about Tor on July 8th

This went well. See
<https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-reports/2013-July/000292.html>
for a complete report from the event.

> Attend Tor summer dev. meeting.

Done. It was great to meet everyone, again or for the first time. We had
productive discussions, good times, and more plans for the future. :)

> Get the french glossary in Transifex and start reviewing translations.

Postponed. I wanted to work on that with Runa during the dev. meeting but it
seems we both had other priorities taking over.

> Take another shot on ooni-probe packaging.

Postponed. I hope to move this forward during the upcoming DebConf.

> Take another shot on writing a proposal for AS awareness in Tor.

This topic came up on several occasions during the dev meeting. There
definitely is some interests. Linus has been toying with various ideas.
I still might take a shot at a first draft if no one beats me to it; but
it might not be before September.

> Attend OHM.

Successfully arrived there and helped with the setup. Wait for next
month reports for more detailed about what happened there! ;)

In July, what took quite a bit of my time was the launch of Tor Weekly
News [1]. With the help of several volunteers, we've released 5 issues
in the course of that first month. On time and with very very good
feedback.

where volunteers for TWN coordinate.

The bubble graphs that I wrote using D3.js are now available on
metrics.torproject.org [2], thanks to Karsten for the deployment.
They have proved very useful on many occasions already.

For August, stuff that will hopefully happen:

 * Handle support requests in french.
 * Attend OHM.
 * Attend DebConf.
 * Work on Tor Weekly News.
 * Get the french glossary in Transifex and start reviewing translations.
 * Work on ooni-probe packaging.

[1] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/TorWeeklyNews
[2] https://metrics.torproject.org/bubbles.html

--