[tor-reports] Mike's July 2013

Mike Perry mikeperry at torproject.org
Sun Aug 4 19:06:58 UTC 2013

In July, I:

1. Attended PETS and the Tor Dev Meeting. Travel consumed way more of my
cycles than I expected.

2. Reviewed and merged patches against Torbutton and TBB.

3. Began the Lead Automation Engineer interview process.

4. Continued to improve the Gitian build process, merging several
patches from Weasel and fixing other issues as well.

5. Tagged the Tor 0.2.5.x tickets I hope to do with mike-0.2.5:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?keywords=~mike-0.2.5

In August, I plan to:

1. Do a Tor Browser bug triage, hopefully with Erinn.

2. Write a pair of blog posts on the motivation behind the Gitian-based
build system, and the technical details involved in producing identical
builds.

3. Continue to direct the Lead Automation Engineer interview process.

4. Make a pilgrimage to Mt. Doom and forge a new smartcard-based GPG
key. Or wherever one has to go to perform these rituals.

5. Hopefully get TBB-3.0 closer to something we can call 'stable'. I
think the limiting bugs are #9084 and #9144.

6. Maybe start on the rebasing of the TBB patches to FF24-beta (for
FF24-ESR).

--
Mike Perry