[tor-reports] Philipp's July 2013

Philipp Winter identity.function at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 19:13:18 UTC 2013

- I revised some parts of ScrambleSuit's design.  Most significantly, every
  server now determines its very own protocol shape which is effectively a PRNG
  seed used to generate probability distributions.  The same seed is
  communicated to a client which is then able to generate the same
  distributions.

- I wrote some unittests for ScrambleSuit and did lots of testing and
  refactoring.  I also won't get tired of saying that we could use some code
  review.

- I attended the Tor developer meeting in Munich which was quite productive for
  me.

- In Munich, I agreed to start contributing to Atlas to take a little work off
  of Karsten's shoulders.  So far, I fixed #9370, #9231 and #7844 will soon be
  fixed as well.

Cheers,
Philipp