[tor-reports] Andrew's March 2013

Andrew Lewman andrew at torproject.is
Mon Apr 8 03:11:00 UTC 2013

# Top 5 goals for March 2013

1. Fund a bug bounty program for the Tails team. They have a lot of
bugs which need attention and maybe our funding will help them fix the
bugs. https://tails.boum.org/contribute/how/code/

	Still in progress. We've identified the money, the bugs they
	want to fix, and likely who wants to fix them.

2. Hire support people in English, French, Farsi, Arabic, Spanish, and
Mandarin. Our largest userbases speak these languages and are
increasingly asking for help with Tor, censorship circumvention, and
privacy.  See Runa's Help Desk reports for the volumes we're handling
with two great people today.

	Done. We hired a great crew to help support.

3. Speak at the Boston Freedom to Connect Day,
http://www.bu.edu/cs/bfoc/

	Done.

4. Have a successful developer meeting at Harvard Law School.
Announcement for public hackfest at Boston University on March 20th
coming soon.

	Done.

5. Attend Domestic Violence Risk Assessment and Management training,
http://www.emergedv.com/index.php/training/danger-assessment/

	Done.

# Top 5 goals for April 2013

1. Write more funding proposals for projects to make Tor scale better,
become more usable, and generally more research into a better Tor.

2. Attend the Internet Security Coalition Global Meeting in DC.

3. Talk to White House senior staff about the role of technology in
human trafficking and intimate partner abuse. The power of anonymity
for victims goes far here.

4. Talk to Stalking Resource Center [0] about protocols for working with
those under pervasive or infectious surveillance. Getting caught in a
surveillance network while trying to help someone get out of one
defeats the point, and puts all your other contacts at risk.

[0] http://www.victimsofcrime.org/our-programs/stalking-resource-center

5. Help integrate our great new project coordinator into the Tor team
and vice versa.

--
Andrew
http://tpo.is/contact