[tor-reports] George's status report: March 2013

George Kadianakis desnacked at riseup.net
Sat Apr 6 21:09:00 UTC 2013

# Top 5 goals of March 2013

- Attended the Tor development meeting in Seattle.

- We started working on updating the BridgeDB HTTP interface. The
  discussion started on tor-dev:
  https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2013-March/004505.html
  and Sathya and Arturo prepared some templates for
  BridgeDB. Unfortunately we haven't deployed them yet because there
  is some BridgeDB code that needs to be written first.

- We decided to rename "Pyobfsproxy" to "Obfsproxy", and treat it as a
  newer version of Obfsproxy. I compiled a list of things needed to
  complete the rebranding:
  https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2013-March/004562.html

  We also decided that the new name for obfuscated bundles from now on
  is "Pluggable Transport Bundles" and we wrote a blog post about it:
  https://blog.torproject.org/blog/new-name-obfsproxy-tor-browser-bundles

- During the development meeting we talked about Hidden Services and
  potential improvements on them. The discussion was too lengthy for
  this status report but I'm planning on writing a blog post about it.

- Helped Alexandre and David prepare new Pluggable Transport bundles:
  https://blog.torproject.org/blog/new-pluggable-transports-bundles-02411-alpha-flashproxy-obfsproxy

# Top 5 goals for April 2013

- Fix up BridgeDB so that it can start using the new HTML
  templates. Maybe I should also write a BridgeDB TODO list that we
  can pass to volunteers that are interested in some Python hacking.

- Ensure that the new obfsproxy Debian packages are in good course:
  http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/obfsproxy.git;a=summary

- Think of potential short-term solutions to China's obfs2 active
  probing:

- Start looking into #7167 and write some tor code (#8001, #7962, #3725,
#5195).

- Write a blog post about hidden services improvements and prepare
  proposals for #8106.