[tor-reports] Q1 status reports

Erinn Clark erinn at torproject.org
Fri Apr 5 22:48:52 UTC 2013

March

1. Looked into the Apple Gatekeeper issue, decide we need to buy certs and do it,
   need to send Wendy a copy of the Apple dev license to see if it changes how we
   distribute software first
2. Got a working version of pluggable transports build logic for OSX (git
   branch pluggable-transports), begin working on Linux and Windows. (I would have
   finished those but hurt my wrist quite badly last week and haven't been able to
   type much!)
3. Fixed langpacks in TBB and do a new release
4. Tor dev meeting!
5. Started documenting all of the build differences between TBB build machines
   and Firefox build machines so we can try to minimize build-related crash/bugs
   by making our build systems more similar to theirs

February

1. OpenSSL release causes havoc, all bundles are updated then redacted
2. Added Shondoit's Windows build machine setup instructions
3. Lots of bug fixing and testing to get FF17 building properly
4. Spent almost a week with Mike tracking down an OSX FF17 crash
5. Finally release bundles with FF17 working properly

January

1. Urgent TBB release (2.4.7-alpha-1 and 2.3.25-2)
2. Wrote build machine setup for Linux (commit by Mike)
3. Began working on integrating obfsproxy into alpha bundles
4. Began integrating Mike's FF17 patches and fixing up the build system in
   preparation for changing a major version of TorBrowser
5. Merged various patches to help fix up TBB