[tor-reports] Lunar's report for March 2013

Lunar lunar at torproject.org
Tue Apr 2 08:46:01 UTC 2013

Hi!

After the 22nd, I've started my new duties as support assistant for
french speaking users. So far, I've:

 * Spent some time discovering RT and Transifex.
 * Cleaned up 313 tickets that were in the spam queue but left open.
   I've tried to unsubscribe the support address from a few spamming
   lists.
 * Answered 3 tickets in the 'help' queue.
 * Looked up if it was possible to notify support assistants when one
   of the support template is changed. Trac does not currently support
   notifications for wiki pages but there is one plugin that would
   address this (#8586).

Other things I've done in March:

 * Created a ticket (#8506) about Debian packaging for OONI and
   summarized the current status.
 * Submitted a patch (#8507) to make OONI support the CPython GeoIP
   extension on top of PyGeoIP as the former is already in Debian.
 * Reviewed the mockups for bridges.tpo.
 * Reviewed Stem tutorials.
 * Written a naive documentation about new LDAP accounts on torproject
   systems for help.tpo. This lead weasel to rewrite and extend it for
   the best.
 * Updated the Debian package for pyobfsproxy, now that it has been
   renamed to "obfsproxy". The result works and is now waiting for an
   official release of the new obfsproxy.
 * Prompted and helped some french sysadmins to set up obfs3 bridges.
 * Submitted a proposal to LSM2013 for a general talk about Tor in
   french.

(Loosely related to Tor: I've also made the first release of Coquelicot,
a "one-click" file sharing web application with a focus on users'
privacy, after 3 years in the making. See <https://coquelicot.potager.org/>.)

In April, I'd like to:

 * Take care of support requests in french.
 * Spend some time reviewing the french translation of the short user
   manual.
 * See the Python implementation of obfsproxy uploaded to Debian.
 * Help more people to set up obfs3 bridges.
 * Work some more on Debian packages for OONI and its dependencies.

--
Lunar                                             <lunar at torproject.org>