[tor-reports] Mike's March 2013

Mike Perry mikeperry at torproject.org
Tue Apr 2 02:55:20 UTC 2013

Top five things in March:

1. Fixed a bunch of regressions caused by Firefox 17. More remain. Most
of those will now be ignored just the same as all other browser-related
issues in the trac backlog. The rest I tagged for this month.

2. I did a triage! There are now only 59 open major/critical bugs in the
the Firefox Patch and TorBrowserButton queues. This is still ~9 more
than the last time I counted sometime last year, though.

3. I attended the dev meeting.

4. I fixed a couple handfuls of bugs for Tor 0.2.4.x, mostly just
reducing log noise and updating the specs. (If you're following my
monthly bug tags, I didn't bother to tag these, but did burn ~3-4 days
on them.)

5. I helped Pearl Crescent get a bunch of feedback on their Tor Launcher
extension at the dev meeting and elsewhere. My current estimation is
that shipping some running code in a TBB-alpha is still more important
at this point than anything else, given the number of partially
conflicting usability parameters involved. If you think otherwise, you
should probably email me now before it's too late.

Top five things for April:

1. Fix a few Tor Browser crashes and remaining critical FF17 bugs.

2. Review some Tor Browser and Torbutton patches, and the Tor Launcher
source.

3. Mirror TBB's direct source dependencies on
https://people.torproject.org, and merge Jake's patch to update the TBB
Makefiles to use them. This is pretty close to done already, actually.
It's just slightly less important than everything else that's currently
burning.

4. Hopefully finally get a working Windows build machine and archive the
Windows tool chain and dependencies on https://people.torproject.org,
too.

5. Wrap up any remaining Tor 0.2.4.x bugs I care about. Ignore the rest.

--
Mike Perry