[tor-reports] Status Report for Matt - March 2013

Matt Pagan matthew.a.pagan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 15:17:46 UTC 2013

Matt's March 2013

Hello, list readers. My name is Matt Pagan--I am one of

the new English language support assistants. I started

March 22, 2013.

Here's what I did in March:

 - Oriented myself with the RT ticketing system.

 - Resolved 39 tickets from the English language help

queue.

 - Submitted one bug report to trac (#8600).

 - Improved my competency with GPG.

Notes on various help desk tickets:

 - The Pluggable Transport Bundle appears to still be

working in Iran (#8708). However, some users appear to

be confused on how to get it. I noted that it is still

called Obfsproxy on our home page. Will this change?

 - Two users threatened to sue us. One person believed

that the Tor Project, Mozilla, and HP were conspiring to

lie to him about what programs he had running on his

computer (#8649). Another person believed that Tor had

been used to hack into his bank account, though no money

had actually been stolen (#8773).

 - One user asked for assistance accessing Silkroad.

This was of course denied. (#8736)

Things I plan to do in April:

 - Set up a legitimate IRC account instead of continuing

to use the randomly generated ones from Tails.

 - Improve my familiarity with the Orbot documentation.

 - Read some more research papers on Tor's anonymity.