[tor-reports] Sebastian's August

Sebastian Hahn sebastian at torproject.org
Thu Sep 6 01:15:02 UTC 2012

Hi *,

August felt like mostly a good month. I ...

 - finished some more tbb work, including fixing a couple of bugs (most
   noteworthy a bug preventing obfsproxy browser bundles from working on
   OS X at all).

 - Looked at requirements for Thandy packaging, started work to make thp
   stuff from inside torbrowser.

 - Started talking to helix about the additional requirements so that we
   can produce obfsproxy bridge bundles by default. I expect progress in
   the next week, so that we can close that funder deliverable.

 - Took care of a couple of rt help requests, either by providing the
   answer on IRC or by using rt directly. I still find its interface
   quite a challenge to get used to, but it's getting better.

 - Got time to give nickm at least one code review, also fixed a bug in
   Tor. Feels awesome to do that a bit again.

 - Spoke with hiviah, who is interested in packaging RPMs (and already
   made a release). I suspect more communication will happen soon, also
   including marlowe, who has maintained the RPMs so far.

 - Took care of more git stuff than usual, including running a full
   cycle of optimizing all repositories and testing the changes we want
   to do wrt availability of user repositories.

 - Planned another Tor talk at my university. Expect it to happen late
   October/early November. I've also talked with our security-focused
   research groups about Tor, they aren't currently working closely on
   the topic but would consider doing something. I'll need to make sure
   not to drop the ball here.

Sebastian