[tor-reports] Philipp's status report for August '12

Philipp Winter identity.function at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 14:45:53 UTC 2012

Hi,

I figured, I would also start posting my status reports here even though they
will be rather compact since my Tor work happens only in my free time.

- Did some further brdgrd development. In particular, I moved the project to the
  Tor gitweb [0], I removed the libnet dependency after taking care of TCP
  checksum recalculation myself. That made it also possible to run the tool as
  an unprivileged user as long as the CAP_NET_ADMIN capability is set.

- Helped analyzing a pcap of what we believed was a censorship event. It turned
  out, it was just an unspectacular client-side problem.

- Helped a Swedish freelance journalist understand Tor, obfsproxy and the Great
  Firewall of China. The (Swedish) article will appear at the end of October.

Cheers,
Philipp

[0] https://gitweb.torproject.org/brdgrd.git