[tor-reports] What Runa did in September

Runa A. Sandvik runa at torproject.org
Mon Oct 1 18:40:40 UTC 2012

Top 5 things I did in September:

#1: I spoke about Tor at 44Con, Reading Geek Night, Hacks/Hackers
Helsinki, OKFestival, Small Media's 403 Forbidden event, and
CryptoParty London.

#2: I resolved 314 tickets in the Tor help desk, also known as
help at rt.torproject.org. See the other email I just sent to this list
for more details.

#3: I updated the Tor Cloud images to fix a few bugs, use Ubuntu
Precise instead of Lucid, and include Tor's new GPG key. I also
updated the normal bridge images to include obfsproxy. See
https://gitweb.torproject.org/tor-cloud.git/log for a list of commits.

#4: I coordinated QA testing of TBB-alpha v0.2.3.21-rc, and managed to
test the bundle on Debian Wheezy, OS X 10.7.4, Windows XP, and Windows
7 myself.

#5: I tried to deal with all things social media; being active on
twitter/identi.ca as @torproject, helping a volunteer set up a
Facebook page, etc.

Top 5 things I will do in October:

#1: I will add new translation resources on Transifex, including Tails
(#6902) and TorBirdy (#6994), as well as update translated versions of
the short user manual.

#2: I will write an introduction to the Tor help desk for new support
assistants (#6828), and also define help desk features, operations,
and requirements (#6913-19).

#3: I will set up webstats.torproject.org so that we can sanitize and
process logs for more torproject.org domains, starting with www
(#6196).

#4: I will spend more time analyzing the network capture data we have
from previous blocking events (#6149).

#5: I will attempt to create a Tor bridge-by-default image for the
Raspberry Pi (#6859).

--
Runa A. Sandvik