[tor-reports] September 2012 status report from the Tor help desk

Runa A. Sandvik runa at torproject.org
Mon Oct 1 18:16:40 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

A total of 429 tickets were created in the Tor help desk system this
month: 348 in help, 18 in help-fa, and 63 in spam.

348 tickets in help: 347 resolved, 1 open, 0 new.
18 tickets in help-fa: 6 resolved, 1 open, 11 new.

The numbers below show tickets resolved in total between September 1st
and October 1st:

Ardeshir: 6 tickets resolved
Phoul: 33 tickets resolved
Runa: 314 tickets resolved

A lot of users are asking questions that have been answered in the
short user manual [1]. We should include it in the Tor Browser Bundle
(#4983). A number of users are asking about the Obfsproxy Tor Browser
Bundle, and it seems our dist mirrors are accessible in various places
and working just fine.

A number of users in Iran are asking about Flash and YouTube. The same
users are also asking for extra Obfsproxy bridges. It's likely that
the bridges hardcoded in the Obfsproxy Tor Browser Bundle - and the
two most often given out on bridges.torproject.org - have been
blocked.

[1]: https://torproject.org/dist/manual/short-user-manual_en.xhtml

--
Runa A. Sandvik