[tor-reports] Arturo's September status report

Arturo Filastò art at torproject.org
Wed Nov 21 13:16:54 UTC 2012

# September

## OONI

I spent quite an amount of time experimenting with various unittesting
frameworks and learning from their design. Based on such unittesting
systems I ended up implementing an API for OONI that is inspired on
trial: https://ooni.readthedocs.org/en/latest/writing_tests.html.
In particular I looked at nose, trial and unittest.

Implement documentation based on sphinx.

Did some work on txscapy.

Monkey patched reduce_ex to overcome a bug in YAML:
https://gitweb.torproject.org/ooni-probe.git/blob/HEAD:/ooni/utils/hacks.py#l13
If somebody has a cleaner way of fixing this I would love to know.

Discover a security issue in how we were generating reports, fix it.

## GlobaLeaks

Mainly worked on mocking up the User Interface and implementing such
mockups in javascript/HTML:

https://github.com/globaleaks/GLClient/wiki/UI-Mockups

https://github.com/globaleaks/GLClient

## Travel

Went to London for Bitcoin 2012.

Went to Washington D.C. for the RFA meetup of the various projects. Was
very nice to see all the smart people that are working on interesting
things, although we did not actually manage to get much stuff done.