[tor-reports] EADV Panel and Event

Andrew Lewman andrew at torproject.is
Mon Nov 19 21:38:49 UTC 2012

# 16 November 2012 Employers Against Domestic Violence Presentation

I was invited by [Employers Against Domestic
Violence](http://employersagainstdomesticviolence.org/) to give a talk
about technology and stalking as part of a larger panel.

On Friday the 16th, I presented Tor and our work with victims of
abuse and stalking to around 50 people. Most of my [full
presentation](https://svn.torproject.org/svn/projects/presentations/2012
-11-16-EADV-Tech-Stalking-Advice.pdf) covered the basics of Tor, a demo
of [Tails Live System](https://boum.tails.org), and then some user
stories. Most of the people in the audience were already DV advocates
and aware of the way technology is used to harm or manipulate others.
The user stories have come from a number of places, between phone calls,
email support, and actually being out in the world talking to survivors
or advocates who want to help.

I co-presented with Sarah from [Abine](https://www.abine.com) and
Valenda from [Greater Boston Legal Services](http://gbls.org/). All
three of our presentations can be found on Tor's [people
server](https://people.torproject.org/~andrew/2012-11-16-EADV/).

Afterwards, a number of people came up to me to ask about getting Tails
or Tor Browser, or to simply introduce themselves. I met a
cyber-stalking survivor I've only helped via email and phone over the
past year or so.  I look forward to doing more of these types of events
locally.

--
Andrew
http://tpo.is/contact