[tor-reports] Mike's October 2012

Mike Perry mikeperry at torproject.org
Tue Nov 6 23:21:27 UTC 2012

Top five things done in October:

1. Closed a few tickets (33pts):
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?keywords=~MikePerry201210

2. Wrote three Tor Proposals. 209, 210, 211. (~22pts).

3. Finished up the browser hacker interview process. We have a first
place winner from the ticket face-off. (Congratulations to Pearl
Crescent! You two are a well-oiled Firefox patching machine! :)

A couple other candidates are still working for second place, which we
might use in 2013, or in the event that Pearl Crescent ends up either
overallocated or unavailable for certain emergency situations. I also
did a triage and tagged some tickets for these folks to work on.
(~16pts).

4. Kept an eye on the Project Coordinator interview process. Helped with
a couple IRC interviews. Read some applications and resumes. (~10pts)

5. Did a bunch of work on tickets that still aren't finished. In
particular, worked on a long-standing circuit timeout issue (#3443), and
worked on implementing the changes for Proposal 209 in 0.2.4.x. (~16pts)

Top five goals for November:

1. Do more development work. Here's the current radar for November:
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?keywords=~MikePerry201211

2. Help out more with Project Coordinator interviews.

3. Help figure out how to allocate tickets to Pearl Crescent and
otherwise integrate them into our dev team.

4. Maybe attend a W3C session on Do Not Track.

5. Hope there's no #5.

--
Mike Perry