[tor-reports] gsathya's October

Sathyanarayanan Gunasekaran gsathya at torproject.org
Thu Nov 1 15:07:45 UTC 2012

I was mostly busy with giving the required exams for grad school and
generally worrying about. I did manage to do a bunch of Tor stuff -

- Implemented DisableNetwork in Orbot. Orbot stops making new connections
and drops existing ones once you lose network connectivity, saving battery
life. Also, one of the features I implemented during GSoC11 is now finally
merged into master -- Orbot now shows usage statistics(bandwidth).

- Wrote a whole bunch of tests for Pyonionoo -- which in hindsight weren't
really good. I will mostly need to refactor them and make them more modular.

- Added more functionality to Pyonionoo -- /bandwidths and /details work now

- Hacked on #1854[0]

- Set up a pyobfsproxy bridge to help test.

- Found some bugs in stem - #7133, #7250, #7251

- Generally hung around #tor providing support. Hopefully I can do this a
lot more.

[0] - https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/1854