[tor-reports] Linus' May 2012 status report

Linus Nordberg linus at torproject.org
Fri Jul 13 10:30:02 UTC 2012

For comparison with June and to follow Mike's example following Roger's
example (examples all the way down!), here's my May status report.

What happened in May.

- Made bridge authorities perform reachability testing of IPv6 OR
  ports and add "a" lines to status documents.  Not merged yet since
  it's tor version 0.2.4 material.

- Fixed a few old bugs creeping out when working on the bridge authority.

- Tried to help out with stabilizing tor 0.2.3 by reviewing some
  tickets.  This is a great way of learning more tor by the way.

- Presenting Tor for the Swedish police.  I had some 50 IT forensics
  people in the audience.

- Appeared in a news paper piece and did a follow up interview for the
  Swedish state radio.

What's happening in June.

- Tor on IPv6.  There are still lots of issues with private and public
  bridges.  We should deploy on Tonga.  Then come public relays on
  IPv6.  Lots of fun!

- Some vacation.

Linus