[tor-reports] Andrew's November 2012

Andrew Lewman andrew at torproject.is
Mon Dec 3 17:02:51 UTC 2012

# Top 5 goals from November 2012 Report
(https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-reports/2012-November/000078.html)

1. Post our 2011 990 and Form PC on the site. Consider a blog post to
explain how the company behind Tor operates to practice more
transparency in operations.

	Done. 2011 IRS Form 990 and State of MA Form PC published,
	https://www.torproject.org/about/financials.html.en. And
	blogged,
	https://blog.torproject.org/blog/transparency-openness-and-our-2011-financial-docs

2. Send the top three Project Coord. candidates for secondary
interviews with the team.

	Interviewed more candidates. Wrote up thoughts.

3. Discuss Tor and Hidden Services with the US DEA.

	Never happened. DEA didn't confirm dates or plans. Waiting on
	next steps.

4. Spend three days with the E.W. Scripps School of Journalism at Ohio
University, http://scrippsjschool.org/ talking about the intersection
of journalism and technology (and Tor).

	Done. Wrote up trip report,
	https://blog.torproject.org/blog/scripps-j-school-ohio-university-trip-report
	and
	https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-reports/2012-November/000082.html

5. Speak at an EADV event.

	Done. Wrote up report here,
	https://blog.torproject.org/blog/employers-against-domestic-violence-and-technology-panel
	and
	https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-reports/2012-November/000083.html

# Top 5 goals for December 2012

1. Make progress on trademark violations now that we have a pro-bono
lawyer. A growing number of people are taking tor browser and
re-bundling it with spyware, adware, and other crapware, but calling it
Tor Browser, buying domains with "tor" in it, buying ads pushing their
"tor" and "tor browser", and copying our website layout to confuse
users into downloading it.

2. Make progress on hiring a project coordinator and
support/translation assistants.

3. Finish year-end contracts and invoices to close out everything by
31 December.

4. Work on 2012 Annual Report and prepare for release in late-December
or early-January.

5. Write three more proposals for 2-3 years of funding contracts.

--
Andrew
http://tpo.is/contact