[tor-reports] What Runa did in November

Runa A. Sandvik runa at torproject.org
Mon Dec 3 01:02:07 UTC 2012

Top 5 things I did in October:

1. I resolved 391 tickets in the Tor help desk. See the other email I
just sent to this list for more details.

2. I talked about all things privacy, surveillance, and Tor at Media
Democracy Days and CryptoParty in Vancouver, Canada on the 3rd. I also
gave a Tor talk at HacDC in Washington DC on the 15th, gave a quick
Tor introduction via Skype to journalists in Moscow, Russia on the
22nd, and met with NDI to talk about Tails and usability on the 26th.

3. I spent some time meeting with/talking to journalists about Tor
trainings over the next year (related to
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/sponsors/SponsorI).
It looks like I will be giving two trainings in Istanbul in late
January.

4. I looked at Q&A software and talked to Stack Exchange about how we
can use their site/service. I also announced that we are hiring
support assistants and translators, and I will begin to interview
candidates in the middle of December.

5. I built new Tor Cloud images a few times (once to include the
latest version of Ubuntu Precise, then again to include a fix for a
minor bug in the rc.local script). I also spent some time poking at
TBB usability bugs.

--
Runa A. Sandvik