[tor-reports] Status report July 2012

Runa A. Sandvik runa at torproject.org
Wed Aug 8 13:18:01 UTC 2012

Hi,

July was a crazy month and I only spent a week of it in my own home. I
flew to the US twice and to Italy as well.

I attended the Tor dev meeting in Florence, Italy at the beginning of
the month. I also gave a talk at EuroPython about Tor and some of the
Python projects we are working on.

I attended AdaCamp, organized by the Ada Initiative, in DC the week
after. The Ada Initiative works on increasing the participation of
women in open technology and culture, and this was the second time
they organized AdaCamp. I had a great time, met a ton of new people,
and I feel I managed to contribute with bits and pieces as well.

After AdaCamp, I took the train to NYC for HOPE. If you are ever in
NYC for HOPE, I suggest you find a different hotel to stay at than
Hotel Penn. It's the conference hotel, yes, but it's not pretty. The
conference itself was really good, and a lot of talks were related to
things that happened during/after the Arab Spring. I also met Nadim,
Morgan, and a number of people from the EFF.

I then went back to London for a week, unpacked, did laundry, tried to
catch up on work; track tickets, support tickets, and lots and lots of
email. After about a week, I repacked my suitcase, got on a plane to
Las Vegas and attended Black Hat and Defcon.

--
Runa A. Sandvik