[tor-reports] Tomas' Status report July 2012

Tomás Touceda chiiph at torproject.org
Tue Aug 7 01:02:59 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

Here's what I worked on July:

- Did some research to see if it would be possible to have the network
map as a plugin, so we can separate Vidalia's core from nice but
non-core features. The bottom line is that it is possible, but adding
Marble would require some hacks.
- Migrated the bandwidth graph to a plugin. In terms of user experience,
the only change is that you now open the graph from another menu, but
it's a one to one correspondence with the original implementation.
- Released 0.2.20 and 0.3.3-alpha.
- Helped Feroze with his GSoC project.
- Worked improving Vidalia alpha, which basically means testing and
improving the plugin system, implementing things like SafeCookie
authentication, and cleaning up code. I'm done with the things I had in
my "things I want to implemented in Vidalia before 0.3.x goes
stable"-list, so we are close, we just need more testing.