[tor-reports] Sebastian's July

Sebastian Hahn sebastian at torproject.org
Sun Aug 5 15:20:44 UTC 2012

Hi *,

I was on semi-vacation for a big part of July, so this will be short and
sweet.

I ...

- finished up some leftover work from the last quarter related to our
build infrastructure to make sure it fits in with the latest changes to
the torbrowser repository. Rebasing is always fun, isn't it ;)

- also spent some time making sure I understand how the Vidalia bridge
bundles are built in production, and how the obfsproxy bridge bundle
that I made would fit into the mix, then explained the related issues to
Karsten. It'll be important to follow up on this for the next deadline.

- did the usual git and irc support stuff, and improved on a document
explaining our git process. Nick joined us as a maintainer here, so you
can ask him for repositories, too :)

- tried re-enabling the translations for tsum, but they're still broken.
Handed this off to Runa for now, but I expect more coordination will
happen soon.

- made it so that the individual components that we build for tbb aren't
thrown into the same place anymore, to get rid of bugs where an old
version of some software was still sitting around. This more individual
building of components is also a requirement for Thandy packages.

- gave a talk at the University of Erlangen/Nuremberg as a part of a
social media-themed workshop series, focussing on the dangers of social
networks, reachability, and how Tor fits into the mix. I've since been
invited to give more talks on Tor, and I might hold a larger workshop
there, too.
I should do more of these around Germany, there are lots of interested
people at universities, with often poor understanding of the basics
about Tor. If you know someone who wants to have a talk, give me a yell.

Sebastian