[tor-relays] [Important] Update on an upcoming German broadcasting story about Tor/Onion Services

boldsuck lists at for-privacy.net
Thu Sep 19 14:55:59 UTC 2024

On Mittwoch, 18. September 2024 09:10:31 CEST Florian Kohrt via tor-relays
wrote:

A few facts from these German films and notes:

- "Boystown" was one of the largest pedophile darknet forums of all time.
400.000 User
- The administrator's chats played a crucial role in tracking him down.
- It finally takes a year and a half until they identify the node (Guard) that
Admin uses to connect to the Tor network.
- The timing analysis included complete surveillance of the mobile operator
Telefónica (o2). We have four mobile phone networks in Germany. Telefónica
Group o2 has almost 43 million mobile phone customers.
- When he was arrested, Admin confessed everything and gave out all passwords.
- Police did not have the victims' pictures deleted. wtf!

In recent years, STRG_F has researched and reported a _lot_ about
paedocriminal matters. The German police arrest some masterminds to make
headlines. They don't care about the victims. Although it would have been very
easy to have the pictures deleted, they did nothing. :-( All material was
still available on the servers.
I also accused the officers of this during the search of my house.

The journalists from STRG_F were able to have material they found during
research deleted very easily by the providers. This happened within a few
hours or 1-2 days.

--
╰_╯ Ciao Marco!

Debian GNU/Linux

It's free software and it gives you freedom!