[tor-relays] Request for Feedback on Relay Node Update Management

Toralf Förster toralf.foerster at gmx.de
Tue Mar 26 10:50:19 UTC 2024

On 3/26/24 09:54, Alessandro Greco via tor-relays wrote:
> Recently, I've noticed an interesting pattern with my relay node (ID:
> 47B72187844C00AA5D524415E52E3BE81E63056B [1]). I've followed
> TorProject's recommendations [2] and configured automatic updates, which
>   has led to frequent restarts of the node to keep the Tor software
> up-to-date.

I do run a bunch of Tor (bridges), all at Debian bookworm. I enabled
automatic unattended updates for all packages (not the so-alled
"security" ones). I did not observed any frequently restarts.

My configs are in [1] and [2].

[1]
https://github.com/toralf/tor-relays/blob/main/playbooks/roles/setup/templates/upgrade.j2
[2]