[tor-relays] DDOS alerts from my provider

Rafo (r4fo.com) admin at r4fo.com
Mon Jul 8 17:34:51 UTC 2024

            Hi,I have been running a relay for a few months now without any problems. But this week I’ve received 2 DDoS alerts from my provider (Netcup), both are ~3 gigabits. They seem to be coming from other Tor relays.I’m running an Invidious like instance on my server (which uses around 600 megabits) but I have a 2.5 gigabit port. So I configured my Tor relay to use 300-400 megabits.I’m not sure where that 3 gigabit of data comes from.I have lowered my advertised bandwidth to 100 megabits, would that be enough to prevent these kind of issues?Kind regards,Rafo