[tor-relays] Request for Tor to support armhf architecture

DiffieHellman tor at middlendian.com
Fri Aug 30 12:32:05 UTC 2024

Hi Landon,

>but keeping it up to date is not easy.
>Plus, I don't really know how to keep it up to date like that.
You check for a tor update every month or three, download the latest
archive, compile and install that and as soon as you restart tor, it'll
be up to date.

It being a package in a package manager is of course much more
convenient - I've noticed tor is always kept reasonably up to date in
Gentoo-libre myself.

>I highly recommend that everyone get one because it is inexpensive, is a badass little computer and is a fun toy!!
My personal recommendation is to never purchase a RPi unless it is supported
by libre-rpi, as unless you are running libre-rpi, RPi's follow broadcom's orders
before yours, considering that they're controlled by
proprietary software running on the VPU.

A real computer that can be GNUbooted and doesn't restrict you from
doing anything you want (via refusal to provide the source code under a
free license) is a much funner toy to me.

--
Kind Regards, DiffieHellman