[tor-relays] Bridge node configurations and where to find them (semi quote)

Alessandro Greco alessandro.greco.1 at protonmail.com
Wed Aug 28 05:53:21 UTC 2024

> Once your bridge has been running stable for a few weeks, an advanced but
> experimental feature is to hide OrPort.

So is it possible to remove the ports from the torrc file while keeping them unchanged? But what if for some reasons (For istance necessary updates) you have to restart tor? The torrc file is reworked, right? What would need to be done in that case?

> the same applies to ControlPort:
>

> ControlPort 0

The control port allows me to quickly check that Tor is working properly via nyx but obviously if it is preferable to close it I will do so but for that reason I would like to better understand why you recommend closing it (Assuming by “0” you mean closing it and not something else that I don't know).

-- Aleff